I finally bit the bullet and decided today was gonna be the day that RFPtrack (my RFP tracking application, if the title doesn’t give it away) would be finished. Finalized. Done. Completed. Of course, you might say « Well, it was put into production already, how can it be not finished? ».
Ahhhhh, that’s the magic of change requests and out-of-scope demands, of course…
But seriously, I’ve very happy that it only took one day to implement all the following changes:
- Author fields for RFP records, along with roles for more granularity.
- Agents for each managers that sends them a weekly newsletter format of all in flight RFPs
- Ability to add attachments
- Help for every field/form
- Recotegorization of the views and the outline for task-based access
- Modification to the action bar to use the right form based on the context
- Cleaned up .NSF from old fields/data
And all this, without losing my colleagues existing records in the database. I did have 3 or 4 replication conflicts that I handled manually. I then replicated quickly back to server, and now, everything’s peachy! And I’ve got a huge todo scratched off my list, which is always a plus!